You should consider getting orthodontic braces if you have a smile that needs to be straightened. With a straighter smile, studies have shown you are more likely to experience an increase in your self-esteem, a positive self-image, and a desire to maintain optimum oral, physical, and mental health. Not only can braces provide many mental improvements, they can also provide the following health benefits:
– Straighter teeth are much easier to clean, resulting in healthier teeth and gums with less risk for plaque buildup when using effective oral hygiene habits such as brushing and flossing.
– A smile straightened with braces is much more operative and functional in its important tasks including eating and speaking.
– Malocclusions, also known as bad bites, can lead to TMJ disorders if they are not correctly treated with orthodontic treatments such as braces.
– Braces can help alleviate stress put on teeth and make them less susceptible to grinding and wear, often as the result of bruxism.
– Braces can lower the risk of teeth being fractured due to misalignments or stress, and make them less prone to injury.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with our orthodontist Dr. E. Glenn Glassman and our team at Orthocare Systems Orthodontics, please call us at 314-739-8888. Our orthodontic office is conveniently located in St. Louis, Missouri. Come in today to learn all about the benefits of braces for your smile!