As long as you are exercising safe and successful oral hygiene habits, your braces can continue to accomplish their purpose. The smoother the transition, the quicker the recovery time. Here are some model tips to help you out:
– Be present for your regular orthodontic appointments at Orthocare Systems Orthodontics. Any skipped sessions may adjourn your recovery time and be an obstacle to the effectuality of your braces treatment.
– Do you have a retainer? Make sure it’s cleaned effectively and consistently.
– Practice a consistent oral hygiene routine, including brushing and flossing your teeth daily. Use dental tools that are particularly intended for braces.
– Your orthodontist, Dr. E. Glenn Glassman has advised you that specific foods can get more easily stuck between your teeth and braces. Avoid these foods.
– Be extra careful to protect your teeth and braces. If you are doing any strenuous activity, such as contact sports, you’ll want to wear proper safety gear, such as helmets, mouth guards, and face protectors.
– If you have an oral accident that breaks a wire, use your orthodontist-provided wax to shield teeth and braces from further harm and make an appointment with us as soon as possible.
For more tips and helpful hints to keep your braces at their best, please contact Orthocare Systems Orthodontics in St. Louis, Missouri, at 314-739-8888 to book an appointment. We look forward to shaping your smile!